Drupal 8 Theming with Twig
Twig is a Flexible, Fast, and Secure template engine for PHP. It is part of the Symfony framework. Twig is easier tag-based syntax, Twig offers a lot more theming level security. Twig is introduced to Drupal. Drupal 8 theme file extension are html.twig instead of .tpl.php.
Advantages using Twig:
- Fast and secure.
- Re-usability of template files.
- Twig is fully unit-tested.
- Well-documented and easy to learn.
- IDE integration (Textmate, Vim, PHPStorm, Netbeans, PhpStorm, Eclipse, Sublime Text, Notepad++, Komodo).
- No additional PHP/HTML mix in template files.
- Clean error messages and easy to debug.