Drupal Backup and Migrate Module
Backup and Migrate Module is using to Back-up and restore your Drupal MySQL Database, Code, and Files. It supports gzip, bzip and zip compression. You can schedule the backup operation also.
How to configure Backup and Migrate module?
Download and Install Backup and Migrate Module. Just go through How to install module?.
Configuring Backup and Migrate
Navigate to Drupal Administration -> Configuration -> System -> Backup and Migrate. Download a backup of the default database by clicking Backup now.
Email confirmation of successful and unsuccessful backups
- Navigate to Drupal Administration -> Configuration -> System -> Backup and Migrate -> Profiles.
- Click Override in the operations column of the Default Settings row.
- Click Advanced Options.
- You can change the default email address if required, then select both 'Send an email if backup succeeds' and 'Send an email if backup fails'
- Click 'Save profile'.
Weekly Schedule Backups
- Navigate to Drupal Administration -> Configuration -> System -> Backup and Migrate -> Schedules.
- Select Enabled
- Enter "Weekly Backup" name in Schedule field.
- Select "1 Weeks" from Backup every field.
- Remaining keep default settings including the Destination field "Scheduled Backups Directory".
- Click 'Save Schedule'.