Drupal 8 Installation
This Blog focuses on basic core Drupal 8 installation. There are many Drupal installation guide in drupal.org. You can make quick Drupal installation using this tutorial.
Before proceeding Drupal 8 installation, You should review the minimum below system requirements
Drupal 8 minimum system requirements:
Apache, Nginx, or Microsoft IIS
- MySQL 5.5.3/MariaDB 5.5.20/Percona Server 5.5.8 or higher with PDO and an InnoDB-compatible primary storage engine,
- PostgreSQL 9.1.2 or higher with PDO,
- SQLite 3.6.8 or higher
- PHP 5.5.9 or higher
You can use XAMP for doing the development in local. XAMPP is a completely free, easy to install Apache distribution containing MariaDB, PHP, and Perl. The XAMPP open-source package has been set up to be incredibly easy to install and use.
XAMP Installation more about XAMP installation
Now, Basic requirement is ready. We can start install Drupal 8.
- Download Drupal core files
- Extract downloaded zip file into your local development manually (example: htdocs, public_html etc).
- Create new database (example: enter http://localhost/phpmyadmin in browser and create database).
- Now, Will start install Drupal core.
- Access Drupal installation steps in browser (example: http://localhost/mydrupalfolder/)
- Choose language and click 'save and continue'
- Choose profile and click 'save and continue'
- Enter database details
Database name: enter your database name
Database username: enter your database username (localhost default username will be 'root')
Database password: enter your database password (localhost default password will be blank, keep it blank)
and click 'save and continue'
- Enter all mandatory fields and save.
- Completed the Drupal 8 installation steps.